It’s been a year since I decided to take blogging seriously and 4 years since I did my big chop! (March has really been my month of new beginnings maybe it’s cause it’s my birthday month), and I can’t say that I have regretted it.
Blogging has taught me so many things and opened doors to meeting people that I would never have thought I would. I would be sharing Five lessons that I have learned throughout this year with you.
1. Don’t compare yourself to others: This is the ploy of the devil I tell you. Whenever you compare yourself to other people, you lose focus of what is at stake and you begin to divert all the energy that could be used to better yourself towards frustrations and bitterness. This hinders you, instead make the effort to be thankful for the season you are in, do your best in that season, and the God that rewards hard work will reward you.
2. Discover different sides to yourself: Blogging is all about being free enough to express yourself so allow yourself to be free to make mistakes and learn from them that way you learn about the parts to you that you never even knew you had.
3. Be unapologetically you: In a world where there are so many bloggers, it can be difficult to find your own voice and express that voice. Don’t change just because you want more followers, the followers will come, just be consistent and hardworking.
4. Whatever it is you are doing, start with what you have: It can be difficult to start sometimes I get that, but here’s the thing about ideas, you don’t have to have it all figured out in one strategy, just start! You don’t want to have thinkers regret, so get up and start doing!
5. Have a plan: it is always nice to have a structured plan but not too rigid that you aren’t flexible enough to accommodate life as it comes.
I hope these tips/advice helps someone! Love you 🙂